The Effects of a Community-based Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery(PWR) Program on Mobility, Balance, Cognition, ADLs/Self Care, and QOL:
A Community Partnership Pilot study
Sponsored by the
Colorado Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
And The Pikes Peak YMCA
Colorado Springs Metro Area
· To provide education and training for persons with Parkinson’s Disease (all stages) to improve fitness, functional independence in activities of daily living, cognition, and quality of life
· Benefits: Study participants will receive a full, formal evaluation free of charge from professional Occupational Therapists regarding mobility, balance, cognition, self- care, and quality of life
· Study research will add to the existing body of research which supports improvements in function, health, and quality of life for all persons with Parkinson’s Disease
· Class Fees to be paid for all study participants by the Colorado Parkinson Foundation
· PWR MOVES Exercise/fitness/education program to be conducted 2 times per week for 8 weeks with classes of 60 minutes beginning the week of March 10th through the week of May 11th, 2019. Study recruitment deadline: February 15th, 2019
For Information Please Email: Dr. Melanie M. Tidman, DHSC, MA,OTR/L, at firstname.lastname@example.org
* You must have Parkinson's Disease
* You may not participate in any other exercise program during the study period of March 11, 2019 through May 11, 2019. This is necessary in order to determine what to attribute improvements to, if there are any.
* You may, however, participate in Occupational or Physical individualized therapy while in the study.
To sign up for the study, you can click the Sign Up button below.
If you do not receive a test email from Dr. Tidman verifying that you are interested in participating in the study within a couple of days of signing up, please notify her at email@example.com.